Membership Drive for Ft. Myers Chapter.
The National Association of Wedding Professional would like to congratulate you on your upcoming Nuptials. We are excited that you are considering an Earth Friendly Wedding . Here are a few tips and tricks that should help.
First it is important that your mindset, when planning your eco-friendly wedding, is that you try to reduce your carbon foot print in as many aspects of your wedding as possible: natural products, reuse or recycle, local when possible and organic materials .
Choose a wedding date in your area when most organic products are in season. If you are looking to have your wedding in a location other than the city where you live, keep the same thought in mind.
If you are hiring a wedding consultant look for one that is a willing participate in the earth friendly process. They will be a great help to you in finding the vendors and locations that can help you keep it green and accomplish your goals.
Selecting the rings will be exciting and fun. Do a little footwork first and find out which jewelers offer rings that are made from recycled or sustainable metals. Are your mother or grandmother's rings a consideration? One of my favorite rings came from a pond shop in Vegas , it is beautiful and unique.
The wedding dress can be made of natural fabrics like Dupioni silk, silk chiffon, organic cotton and others. Call your local bridal shops and find out what selections they have in natural fabrics. You may want to go vintage, so try the vintage shops in your area or resale outlets. Many brides are selling their wedding gowns after the big day so try your face book connections and social media. There is a wonderful charity called " Brides Against Breast Cancer " where you can buy a pre-owned gown or donate your gown after the big day.
When selecting a venue try to pick a location where your guests have the least travel between the ceremony and the reception. Consider a location where you can have both the ceremony and reception in one place.. Hotels can offer the advantage of a hotel room for your out of town guests as well. Country clubs work well for this too if the majority of your guests are local.
Most of your paper products like save the date cards, menu cards, even invitations can come from recycled materials simply ask for the "green options".
When selecting a caterer or working with your venue ask about their organic options. Ask how many of their venders supply seasonal and locally grown products. It's sometimes difficult to have all your food and beverage selections be eco-friendly, because of transportation and shipping, but there should always be several options.
Even your Wedding Cake can be organic. Ask your local bakers and cake designers what they offer for an organic option. Decorate with fresh flowers or origami designs from recycled materials. Many brides have saved their cake topper for a keepsake. You might like to recycle your mothers and grandmothers cake topper if available.
Music can come from local talent: Harpist, Violinist, Guitarist and others. For your reception choose a DJ that will have you select your music online. Be sure they are a digital DJ which means they have acquired their music from a legal and digital source.
Flowers: Think about locally grown flowers that are in season. You may want to contact your local nursery and see what they would have available for items like potted plants for your centerpieces or rental companies that offer plant and tree rentals for weddings. You can even select a seedling as a favor for your quests. Your local florist will have some great ideas on what is in season and what can be purchased from farmers.
Photographers should have a online source for the display of your photos. They should be able to work with online printers for your wedding albums often made from organic or recycled materials.
Videographers will follow this same trend of thought for you green wedding.
Rental is one of the most important ways you can be eco-friendly. Chairs, archways, decor, linens when you think about it they're beautiful and have been reused many times.
Happy Planning and keep our wonderful NAWP members in mind for you perfect Green Wedding choices.
Plus size brides can have a very difficult time finding just the right gown and even trying gowns on. Call before visiting bridal shops and ask if they have plus size gowns available. There are best replica watches certain styles that will help to make the plus size bride even more striking on her wedding day. There are basically two options to choose from; accentuate the curves or minimize them.
A-line gowns work well for the plus size bride because they flare away from the bodice to create one clear flowing line. Empire gowns are another good choice because they fall just below the bust line and cover the tummy area well. If you are a petite plus size bride try and find a gown that has a basque waist. This is an elongated waist that dips to a point in the front center. It will help add height.
Long sleeves or half sleeves will cover stretch marks and loose skin. If you go without sleeves then you may want to consider a wrap. Stay away from puffy sleeves they will add bulk. Choose a gown that is a lightweight fabric such as chiffon, silk or light satin. Heavy clingy fabrics will give off an even heavier appearance. It's best to stick with a matte finish rather than a shiny glossy fabric.
When choosing a neckline look for an open neckline such as a v-neck, scoop or keyhole. To flatter a full figure purchase an uplifting support bra to accentuate a full bust. If you want to minimize the curves choose a one piece minimizing undergarment.
Keep the gown simple. Stay away from an overload of beads or sequins because it can give the illusion of more pounds. You also don't want to draw attention to the wrong areas. A simple gown will give a more long and lean appearance.
Take advantage of your beautifully made up hairstyle and face and frame it with a great sparkly necklace, drop earrings and a fantastic headpiece. Unless you're going for the choker look don't wear a necklace tight around your neck. This will make your neck look thicker. If you decide to wear a veil make sure it has enough body to go with your look. You want to look proportioned not like you have a miniature veil on top of your head. Likewise, if you choose to wear a tiara make sure it doesn't get lost in your hairstyle.
When you decide on the bouquet this also should complement your size and be in proportion. Most likely you will be having some photos taken holding the bouquet. You don't want it to look too small. The only exception here is if you decide to carry a single stemmed flower.
The plus size bride may have to put a little more effort into finding just the right look for her big day but it can be accomplished. Take your time and don't get frustrated! You will find that perfect gown and look terrific in it too! Be prepared though, many times there will be an extra fee because of the additional material.
Good luck and happy shopping!
12 to 16 months out
- Choose a date with one optional date
- Start a wedding file / inspiration binder
- Set a budget
- Hire Consultant
- Determine the Style you want for your wedding
- Select location for Ceremony
- Select location for Reception
- Start shopping for wedding dress
- Start shopping for wedding rings
- Start your guest list
Go to NAWP.com or work with your consultant to select the following vendors,
- Photographer, videographer, music, florist, transportation, rentals, linens, stationary,
- Block Hotel Rooms
- Update passport Bell & Ross Replica Watches
- Set appointment for vaccinations
- Start looking for Honeymoon destinations for honeymoon
- Contact travel agent
8 to 10 months before the wedding
- Finalize guest list and addresses
- Select bridal registry
- Select groom's, attendants attire, bridal party dresses
- Review your vendor deposits
- Engagement photos
- Order invitations and personal stationary
- Finalize honeymoon plans
- Send out save the date cards
- Select officiant / minister for ceremony
5 to 7 months before the wedding
- Prepare maps and directions to ceremony and reception
- Plan your bridal party luncheon
- Review requirements for wedding license
4 months before your wedding
- Send out invitations
- Buy guest book, garter, champagne glasses for the bride and groom
2 months before your wedding day
- Make appointment with beautician for you and your wedding party
- Make appointments for wedding part pedicures and manicures, massages
- Make appointments for make-up artist
- Finalize dress fittings
- Buy bridal party gifts
- Buy gift for your fiancé
- Choose ceremony and reception music
- Select rehearsal dinner location ( grooms parents)
- Review sizes and measurements for men's formal wear
1 month prior to your wedding
- Review ceremony and reception plans
- Talk with photographer about your preferred photos
- Confirm and pay vendors final payment
- Work on finalizing seating chart
- Call or email guest that have not responded
- Pick up your marriage license
2 to 3 weeks before your wedding
- Pick up wedding rings
- Confirm set- up and arrival times for vendors
- Give final head cout for ceremony and reception
- Check on parking arrangements
- Check on guest hotel rooms
1 week before your wedding
- Pack your luggage for your honeymoon
- Pick up your bridal gown
- Pick up formal wear
- Organize tickets, passports, traveler checks and travel agenda
- Bachelor party
1 to 2 days before your wedding
- Get manicure and pedicure
- Confirm flights
- Envelopes for gratuities for vendors
- Wedding rehearsal
- Rehearsal dinner
- Bridal emergency kit
- Give rings to the best man
- Try to get a good nights sleep
Your wedding day
- Eat a good breakfast
- Try to fight pre-wedding jitters drink plenty of water
- Get your hair and make-up done early
- Try to stay calm
- Check in with your consultant for a review of set-up
- Check with consultant about deliveries
- Have a great day Relax and enjoy
Beautiful beach wedding and reception at the Naples Beach Club in Southwest Florida.
We want to thank the vendors that made this wedding beautiful.