South Carolina Weddings
Columbia / Charleston / Greenville
President: Marsha Pruitt
The Event Host
Send an Email
Get the latest news on:
- Local Trade Shows & Events
- Vendor Information
Chapter Blog Coming Soon
South Carolina - a land rich in history, culture and recreation is a truly romantic, exciting, and beautiful place for your wedding celebration. South Carolina weddings offer so many choices in picture perfect locations. You might choose the peacefulness and serenity of Columbia, an exciting sunset Myrtle Beach wedding or even a popular Charleston South Carolina wedding ceremony and honeymoon.
South Carolina wedding professionals know everything about this region when it comes to planning a wedding. They can help you with every detail of your wedding plans including planning a Charleston South Carolina wedding or Myrtle Beach wedding. They can help with information about bridal and wedding trade shows, honeymoon packages locations, officiants, coordinators, photography and video, bakeries and caterers, flowers, limousines, music, DJs, formalwear, gifts and favors, and more.
In addition to fabulous locations for South Carolina weddings, this region offers abundant luxurious accommodations for your romantic getaway. Whether you choose to celebrate your love in seclusion, or indulge in a plethora of activities, your South Carolina honeymoon will be rich in memories for a lifetime to come as you enjoy dining, golf, art and entertainment, shopping, sports and recreation, nature, state parks, historic sightseeing, and much, much more. South Carolina is noted for its glorious gardens, beautiful scenic countryside and beaches, and richness in American history.
There are so many reasons to choose South Carolina weddings for your wedding experience. Some of these include:
- Over 300 public golf courses across the state.
- Exceptional gardens, including Middleton Place near Charleston and the South Carolina Botanical Garden near Clemson.
- Spectacular lakes where you can enjoy boating and fishing - lakes like Jocassee that borders Pickens and Oconee counties, and Moultrie in Berkeley County.
- Historic sites like Cowpens National Battlefield in Spartanburg County or Fort Moultrie near Charleston harbor.
- Grand Strand and Myrtle Beach, one of the most popular vacation destinations in the United States with shimmering beaches, world-class entertainment, spectacular golf courses, exciting night life, and outstanding shopping.
- Brookgreen Gardens, just South of Myrtle Beach, is where you will find the country’s largest collection of outdoor sculpture.
- Historic Charleston - a charming and beautiful South Caroline city rich in American history and culture. Charleston is noted for its antebellum and Civil War history, cosmopolitan downtown area, and beaches. Charleston is home of the Spoleto Festival U.S.A annual garden event and historic landmarks such as Fort Sumter and the World War II aircraft carrier Yorktown.
- Lowcountry and Resort Islands with seemingly endless marshlands home to hermit crabs, sandpipers and American alligators. Nature buffs enjoy this region’s unique ecosystem while maintaining access to the comforts of nearby Hilton Head Island or one of Beaufort’s enchanting bed and breakfast inns.
- Santee Cooper Country offering water enthusiasts water, water, and more water. Lakes Moultrie and Marion are known for their abundant fishing opportunities. Nearby Orangeburg, Edisto Memorial Gardens is home to more than 70 variety of roses.
- Columbia - South Carolina's majestic capitol city is rich in American history from the Civil War. Just outside Columbia is Riverbanks Zoo and Gardens, one of the best zoos in the US. Riverbanks Zoo and Gardens is noted for trees hundreds of years old in the Congaree Swamp National Monument.
- Lake Murray's earthen dam - once the largest of its kind in the world. This recreational lake offers outdoor enthusiasts such activities as fishing, skiing, sailing and more.
- Thoroughbred Country - where visitors enjoy the popular sport of harness racing in Aiken every Spring. The Thoroughbred Hall of Fame commemorates locally bred and trained horses. One of the South’s few commercial wineries, Montmorenci, is just a short distance outside Aiken.
- Old 96 District - where historic Abbeville is located. This was home to the Burt-Stark House where President Jefferson Davis formally disbanded the Confederate armies. This famous Opera house was a well-known stop during the Vaudeville era for such stars as Groucho Marx. Also within this region is the Savannah River Scenic Highway, winding over a hundred miles along the shores of three major lakes and sometimes called South Carolina’s Freshwater Coast. Here shoppers can find treasurers in many antique shops.
- Olde English District - home of historic Camden where British General Cornwallis made his headquarters for part of the war. Today, Camden is noted for the annual November Colonial Cup event - the prestigious steeple chase race. Also in this region is Paramount’s Carowinds Park near Fort Mill and Glencairn Gardens in Rock Hill.
- Upcountry Carolina and Caesars Head State Park offer one of the most spectacular mountain views in the Carolinas. Just west along the Georgia-South Carolina border, the Chattanooga River offers a wild ride for rafting, canoeing, and kayaking enthusiasts. Also in this area is Zentrm, a major attraction for vintage cars, and official visitor center for German automaker BMW.
- COLUMBIA, South Carolina has much to offer. South Carolina Artisans Center in Walterboro is a rare find for unique folk and contemporary art from more than 200 South Carolina artists. Darlington Raceway is a place where tens of thousands of NASCAR fans come every year for the Mountain Dew Southern 500 and the TranSouth Financial 400 events.
Everything you need to plan South Carolina weddings from ceremonies to honeymoons is right here in this website directory. Trust wedding professionals from the NAWP with confidence to assure that your wedding day experience will be filled with glorious memories to treasure -- all without stress and worry from all the details of planning such an event. Search under weding services for South Carolina and browse our directory for every need of your planning experience. You may also call the phone number of the South Carolina NAWP Chapter president listed above.